Welcome to uni-assist - the "Arbeits- und Servicestelle für Internationale Studienbewerbungen"!
uni-assist e.V. is an association of German universities. It was founded on the initiative of the German Rectors' Conference (HRK) and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). uni-assist (originally ASSIST) is a certification office founded to make the application procedure for international student applicants easier and at the same time to support German universities in the selection of their foreign students. All applicants wishing to study at one of the member universities of uni-assist must send their applications to uni-assist rather than to their chosen university.
Which information are you specifically looking for:
- Realignment of application fees
- Extended application periods
- Brief information on our online application process
- To the online application process!
- Which application form and additional documents must be submitted, and in which form?
- Bank details and methods of payment
- Please note: New bank account since 1st Juli 2010.
- How do I apply? Special instructions for applicants from North and South America, Australia, New Zealand, India, Iran, Pakistan, Poland and Turkey.
- Uni-assist's TOEFL institution code is 2727
- Admission to higher education institutes for applicants with foreign certificates
- Regarding your admission to a higher education institute and your application, you will find a lot of useful information and databases at our information gateway: www.inobis.de.
- General information on uni-assist
The Supreme Board of uni-assist e.V., the general assembly of universities, has determined a realignment of application fees on 22 March 2011:
As of 01 May 2011 citizens of EU member states are charged € 43 for their first application.
Applicants from countries outside the EU are charged € 68. The application fee for citizens of the People’s Republic of China has been adjusted according to the application fee for all other applicants from countries outside the EU and is therefore € 68 as of 01 May 2011.
For every additional application applicants are charged € 15 per university.
At the same time uni-assist will markedly improve their range of services for all applicants:
- As of 01 May 2011 applicants will receive a report documenting the most relevant information relating to the certificates handed in, additionally to a notification on the result of our processing.
- Availability of telephone service and processing time of electronic enquiries will be improved.
- Homepage and online accounts are being revised and markedly improved.
- Further information mediums are being elaborated for future improvement of the application process.
Increase of application fees became necessary as the ongoing financial imbalance of the Branch Office could not be compensated for on a long-term basis despite the increase of applications.
Please feel free to e-mail us your suggestions, questions or comments at email@example.com